Friday, February 29, 2008

Dis and dat

One of the disadvantages of this blog is that I have no idea if its actually being read. Is this just spinning around in the vast space of the 5th dimensional universe that we call the internet? The option to run a poll is a great thing - and I've got one or two responses which suggest that there is somebody else out there. But if there's only one response - that means its me. So now you know - I support Obama. In fact, I almost wish I was an American so that I could vote for him. Though I suppose, in time, should he become president, he will be revealed to not actually be the second coming of Christ, and turn out to be a bit of a disappointment. Or perhaps a major disappointment. Anyway, I have a blog on another site - which is populated by half-crazed crackpots who are politically just right of Attila the Hun. So getting comments isn't necessarily great either, as you may find yourself defending your sanity to people who have no problem in being over-the-top obnoxious just because they can get away with it. Now I could say something here about Kern Spencer - the Jamaican politician who has found himself in hot water. But I think I'll save that for another blog -as he is now facing a court. I ain't saying he's guilty and I ain't saying he ain't. But I would like to say that assuming he is a scapegoat for the PNP, that I hope he becomes a singing scapegoat - and implicates all those who may have been involved in this great scheme. Perhaps that way he could reduce the prison time he may face - as well as allow us the chance to help persuade future politicians to think 20 times before they think of robbing the tax payer of his hard-earned cash.

No comments: